Digital marketing is constantly evolving - from strategies and content to the meticulous attention marketers give to analytics and algorithms. Mobile devices have overtaken traditional technology as the primary means of communication. In many cases, marketers are now tailoring campaigns to a younger, more savvy audience who prefer the convenience and portability of mobile devices over laptops and desktops.
This generation of potential AV customers grew up in a fully digital world and have been fed a steady diet of videos for entertainment and education. In fact, studies show people spend over a third of their online time watching videos. This includes social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, subscription streaming services like Netflix, and video streaming platforms like YouTube. Of course, they'll read long articles and emails, but only if a clever headline, short video, or social media post draws them in.
Many in the AV industry have discovered the power of video for project case studies, for example, because showing is always better than merely telling.
The takeaway is clear: In the world of AV marketing, video is the most effective option for reaching an influential audience.
Not convinced? Consider these stats from Forbes Magazine:
- Video is responsible for more than 80% of all web traffic.
- Adding a video to marketing emails can boost click-through rates by 200-300%.
- Embedding videos on landing pages can increase conversion rates by 80%.
- 90% of customers report that product videos help them make purchasing decisions.
- According to YouTube, mobile video consumption grows by 100% every year.
- 64% of customers are more likely to buy a product online after watching a video about it.
- 87% of online marketers are currently using video content in their digital marketing strategies.
- A third of all the time people spend online is dedicated to watching videos.
- Video ads now account for more than 35% of all ad spending online.
- Digital marketing expert James McQuivey estimates that a single minute of video content is the equivalent of 1.8 million words.
Video marketing is an effective method of content marketing due to its viral nature, simplicity, and value. The use of video is a powerful way to create content that engages and influences your audience. It is incomparable in its ability to generate emotion-driven sales - and sales are always personal. Video marketing, when done correctly, has the greatest potential for creating a sense of confidence in potential customers.
Project Videos and Video Case Study Examples