We have established guidelines to help create a safe, inclusive, and productive environment for all participants. Every member of the Xchange is expected to behave in a professional and ethical manner that supports these goals. We reserve the right to amend this policy over time to maintain and manage the community as needed.
Connect and Collaborate!
Have fun, connect with others and collaborate to grow our industry.
No Product Promotion, Harassment, or Spam in Comments
Discussions are meant for meaningful dialogue around specific topics. Only use comments to further develop and contribute to a conversation and refrain from overt promotion, negative comparisons, derogative statements or unrelated input.
Be Reasonable and Respectful
The Xchange is an open forum for everyone to connect and grow no matter your background. Treat everyone with respect and kindness. No harassment or bullying will be tolerated. Respect others' privacy while interacting and posting on the platform.
Be Relevant and Stay on Topic
When interacting with others on the platform, strive to move conversations forward for the benefit of all. Keep posts in groups relevant to the topic at hand.
Ways to Promote Your Business and Ideas
- Businesses, freelancers, and gig workers are encouraged to establish one of the modest subscription options to create a profile in our Provider Directory. There you can showcase your company, brand, and all the information most important about your business.
- Join and contribute to groups around topics you’re interested in.
- Connect with others in the network or provider directory.
- Post topics for discussions in channels
Discussion Group Etiquette
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals, not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link in every message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as “remove me from the list,” to the group. Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing email addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new email address. Simply change your settings.
- You are solely responsible for the content that you post, upload, link to or otherwise make available via the service.
- Spamming and abusive posts that are overtly commercial in nature and not aligned with and constructive to discussion topics are not permitted.
AV Provider Directory Etiquette
- The AVIXA Xchange makes it easy for you to create and manage your company presence in the AV Provider directory. Your listing must include accurate information about your company.
- You are responsible for maintaining and updating your listing and content related to your listing on the platform.
- No cataloging of products is permitted. Promotion of complete solutions is encouraged.
Any violation of this policy will be enforced in adherence with the Xchange Violation Policy.