Lisa Matthews, CTSManager, Digital Communities, AVIXA
- Xchange Members
- United States of America
I have worked in the AV technology industry in Highed Education for over 25 years starting as a media technician and continuing on in coordinator and manager roles. I currently offer AV consulting services, as well as enjoy life persuing interests in archeology, animal rescue, and music.
Here's the official bio, we can talk about the un-official bio in person.
Currently, I am the Director of Product Marketing focusing on NETGEAR’s business solutions. I started out working in broadcast TV with a successful career in video editing before moving to the manufacturing side with roles in product management and marketing. I have traveled the globe extensively, including working two Olympics for NBC Sports and winning an Emmy Award with the team in Athens in 2004. Aside from work, I am an avid drummer and have motorcycled solo across the US several times. I can be found on weekends playing music and getting to know our recent home of Nevada City in the Sierra foothills of California with my wife and 2 rescue dogs.
An architect by training and a collaborative technologist with 40-years of practice, my passions center on sharing insights on strategic marketing and business development, integrated building technology innovation, and leadership development.
I bring an award-winning B2B technology design thinking approach for national AEC and technology firms, backed by a marketing and sales leadership history. My goal is to deliver innovative customer-focused solutions and client-focused technology strategies to enable a digital experience that is both remarkable and memorable.
My marketing and technology expertise combines C-level integrated marketing strategy experience with deep technical knowledge in AV/IT design solutions with extensive project experience with national corporate, educational, healthcare, and government clients.
I am known as AEC industry-wide for thought leadership, creativity, energy, and integrity. I share my extensive experience writing and speaking on leading-edge marketing, design, and technology topics in AEC industry forums/publications.
Graphic designer with knowledge of Digital Marketing, more than 7 years experience in the audiovisual market working in one of the most important distribution companies in Mexico NOVOTECH®.
Diseñadora Gráfica con conocimientos de Marketing Digital, más de 7 años de experiencia dentro del mercado Audiovisual laborando en una de las compañías de distribución más importantes en México NOVOTECH®.
- Eight years working as a Marketing and Operations Manager in the NZ AV industry, including over six years in commercial distribution, and 18 months in commercial and residential installation dealership. Reporting directly to Managing Directors and working closely with sales managers.
- Experience working, hosting, and travelling with sales, marketing and logistics representatives from globally recognised AV brands where I was highly regarded for my level of commitment and standard of work.
- Held sole responsibility for presenting and implementing marketing strategies and plans across all brands and products in NZ.
- Shure APAC Top Marketing Award 2013
- I was selected for the QSC Global Distributor Strategy Group, a select number of representatives from across the world who worked together to strategise international and local go-to-market strategies.
- Held sole responsibility for NZ purchasing and logistics for up to 11 AV brands at a time, requiring an in-depth understanding of stock codes, sales, systems, and communication processes across companies and time zones.
- Experience working closely with technical salespeople, business development managers, dealers, and end-users.
- Strong communication, time management and organisational skills, ability to think creatively and strategically, and I enjoy working with and connecting with a wide range of people in and out of business.
Dynamic industry leader with outstanding history of guiding technology companies to achieve year-over-year revenue growth. Goal-driven visionary with demonstrated proficiency at planning and building businesses from concept to operational to long-term profitability. Expertise in applying analytical intelligence, entrepreneurial imagination and administrative ability to opportunities. Turns distinctive competencies into competitive advantages. Adept at positioning organizations as industry leaders and leveraging communication talents to skillfully negotiate successful mergers and acquisitions. Detail-oriented product management expert with proven ability to conceptualize, create and launch vanguard products. Financial manager with record of successfully handling organizational budgets while holding full P&L responsibility.