The Higher Education Technology Managers Alliance, Inc. (HETMA) is a registered 5013(c)3 advocacy organization focused on the higher education AV industry. The goal of HETMA is to raise awareness of technology issues unique to the higher education community by communicating with manufacturers, vendors, and higher education administrators on the needs and challenges that technology managers face. HETMA is also dedicated to providing educational and networking opportunities to our members so that we can empower and grow our influence as an industry. Our belief is that all resources provided through HETMA should always be FREE to the higher ed community. We are by us and for us, and hold ourselves to the highest standards of integrity.
1. ADVOCACY: HETMA seeks to advocate for the needs of the Higher Ed vertical within the greater AV industry by investing in our institutional and manufacturer relationships through programs like “HETMA Approved Program.”
2. EVENTS: “We were virtual before it was cool” is our tagline. We recognize the importance of information sharing as an essential element to higher ed.
3. COMMUNITY: We believe we are stronger together. AV in the higher education vertical accounts for over $27B in annual spend. Join us as we work together to strengthen one another through our initiatives, including our Prism Scholarship!
We offer two membership types that are always FREE OF CHARGE for the higher ed community! If you have a .edu, ac.uk, or equivalent, you automatically become a voting member and may join our monthly all-hands meetings on the third Friday of each month as well as our backend communication channels (ya know, where the real biz takes place). We also welcome corporate allies to partner with us for our advisory boards, “HETMA Approved” program, and as conference session providers.
Dynamic industry leader with outstanding history of guiding technology companies to achieve year-over-year revenue growth. Goal-driven visionary with demonstrated proficiency at planning and building businesses from concept to operational to long-term profitability. Expertise in applying analytical intelligence, entrepreneurial imagination and administrative ability to opportunities. Turns distinctive competencies into competitive advantages. Adept at positioning organizations as industry leaders and leveraging communication talents to skillfully negotiate successful mergers and acquisitions. Detail-oriented product management expert with proven ability to conceptualize, create and launch vanguard products. Financial manager with record of successfully handling organizational budgets while holding full P&L responsibility.
The HDBaseT Alliance advances and promotes the adoption of HDBaseT technology as the global standard for ultra-high-definition multimedia distribution. Since its founding in 2010 by LG Electronics, Samsung Electronics, Sony Pictures Entertainment, and Valens Semiconductors, the Alliance has brought together the leading names in the consumer electronics, professional AV, industrial and medical verticals, today boasting more than 200 members and thousands of interoperable products.
David Keene is Owner and Executive Editor of digiDaybook, a media and content marketing consultancy for the AV industry. His extensive involvement in pro AV and digital signage includes content creation and team leadership for top industry players in all parts of the AV ecosystem: equipment manufacturers, publishers, trade associations, and service/solution providers. He can be reached at DavidKeene@digiDaybook.com
Total Audio Solution Provider
Yamaha has prospered in a variety of businesses devoted to audio and music over 130-year history of making pianos, band and orchestral instruments, guitars, and electronic keyboards, as well as audio products for professional, home-use, and conferencing. We provide the best audio experience with a wide range of products and services, covering industries such as education, enterprise, house of worship, live entertainment, and more.
Check Out Our Latest Solutions for Professional Conferencing
Yamaha's Worldwide Business Network
Yamaha has more than 60 group companies in the world which allow us to work more closely to the customers.
- Yamaha Corporation of America : California, U.S.A. Business : Import and sales of musical instruments and audio equipment
- Yamaha Unified Communications, Inc. : Massachusetts, U.S.A. Business : Development, manufacturing, and sale of wireless conference phones and wireless microphone systems
- Yamaha Music Europe GmbH : Rellingen, Germany Business : Import and sales of musical instruments and audio equipment
- Nexo S.A : Plailly, France Business : Manufacturing and sales of large-scale, high-output speaker equipment
For you to find the products and distributors in your country, please select your country or region from the list here. Feel free to contact us by clicking "START CONVERSATION" above.