An ever-evolving work environment means closing knowledge gaps remains imperative. However, being overwhelmed by a deluge of data is not the solution. The key challenge lies in transforming this data into actionable insights.
One remedy lies in real-time business intelligence dashboards displayed on digital signage, helping address disruptions, keep teams well-informed, and enhance productivity. Operational systems such as workforce management, asset management, and customer service each possess their custom metrics. Digital signage corrals these disparate data streams, providing a holistic perspective.
Reports vs. Dashboards:
Traditional decision-making has relied on individuals, often layers removed, making decisions based on reports pulled at a single point in time. Those reports are typically single-topic in nature and with the complexity often associated require extensive data analysis. This complexity can lead to a cascade of additional reports, each with its own set of performance KPIs, before arriving at critical information. By the time the decision is made and communicated to the field, the information that led to the decision is outdated.
Why are Business Intelligence Dashboards displayed via Digital Signage so important?
Dashboards can focus on specific aspects or provide holistic views. For instance, a production manager may have dashboards for inventory, shipping, and workforce management KPIs. A contact center supervisor might seek a unified view. But even if the dashboard provides supervisors with the relevant data, communication of that information can add a layer of complexity.
What if that supervisor isn’t at their desk?
Where are the employees that need to receive those key communications?
As the world continues its shift to Just-in-Time (JIT) delivery, static information isn't enough. Real-time data displayed where everyone can see it via digital signage positions organizations to move quickly in order to achieve their goals.
Key Features of a Business Intelligence Dashboard:
- Custom Interface: Arrange data points to emphasize specific metrics.
- Real-Time Data: Connect with systems to update information as it evolves.
- Accessibility: Gain insights from any location and device.
- Interactivity: Offer deep comparability, including date ranges.
- Targeting: Relay pertinent information and facilitate targeted action results.
Benefits of Dashboards:
- Visibility: Dashboards put pertinent information at your fingertips.
- Time Savings: Automation streamlines processes, saving time.
- Forecasting: Predict future demand through historical data analysis.
- Inventory Control: Real-time views aid waste reduction and simplify ordering.
- Real-time Analytics: Live metrics enable quick course corrections.
- Collaboration Support: Sharing information enhances business outcomes.
Types of Dashboards:
- Strategic Dashboards: Focus on high-level metrics, align with corporate objectives, and offer longer-term views.
- Operational Dashboards: Comprise operational metrics viewed over shorter timeframes for rapid decision-making.
- Analytical Dashboards: Tailored for in-depth analysis and trend identification.
Examples of BI Dashboards:
- Supply Chain Dashboard: Integrates metrics related to inventory, personnel, and distribution.
- Call Center Dashboard: Enhances team productivity with real-time data.
- Sales Performance Dashboard: Tracks sales data, expenses, and KPIs.
- Finance Tracking Dashboard: Provides insights into assets, liabilities, expenses, and profits.
- Marketing Program Dashboard: Correlates leads generated with program expenses.
- IT Performance Dashboard: Monitors aspects of applications, networks, and databases.
The future of your data depends on its accessibility, analysis, and comprehension. Business intelligence dashboards transform data and information into situational awareness, empowering informed decisions, aligning operations, boosting engagement, and enhancing productivity.
Incorporating business intelligence dashboards into signage isn't just a technological advance; it's a strategy for better business outcomes. Follow Korbyt on AVIXA for the future of data-driven signage.