Lighting plays a key role in any room design, whether you’re considering how to showcase a piece of art or how to set a scene for an intimate dinner party - the ways in which lighting can affect the feel of the room are undoubtable. What many may not realize is how technology can enhance and even simplify a home’s lighting plan. Attendees will walk away from this course with an understanding of the variety of lighting design techniques that can be streamlined with the use of technology. Additionally, attendees will gain insight on how light quality is determined and how it plays into overall lighting design plans.
1. Learning objectives: Discuss four types of lighting.
2. Differentiate between different lighting design techniques.
3. Understand the role light quality plays into lighting design.
4. Explore design considerations as you begin to lay out the plans for integrated lighting.
5. Identify when a technology professional should be involved in the design process.
Association: AIA Information AIBD Information IDCEC Information NARI Information
Credit: 1.0 LU 1.0 CEU 0.1 CEU 1.0 CEU
Course Number: COI064 COI064 CEU-112733 COI064
Subject Code: N/A N/A 3.1 N/A
Designation(s): General Knowledge N/A General Knowledge All
Presenters: Michelle Guss – Director, Business Development
JoAnn Arcenal – Sr. Business Development Manager
Moderator: Carl Wolkovitsch – Sr. Marketing Associate
Length: 45 Minutes + Q&A
Time: May 4, 2022 11:00 AM in Eastern Time (US and Canada)